Hi there,

been searchin' for a solution for hours, hope someone here can help me
out.

This what I'm trying to do, I have several inputs on one page with
autocomplete. I need to pass a variable based on the input field the
user is in. So I decided to go with having this information as id
value.

I've found several solutions for autocompletes only called by the id,
not the class,

  $(".autocomplete").autocomplete (getAutocompleteValue.php', {
    extraParams: { type: $(this).attr ('id') },
  });

Here is a way I found, but I can't get it to work:

  $(".autocomplete").each (function () {
    var field = this;
    $(field).setOptions({
      extraParams: {
        type: function() { return field.id; }

By trying this, every autocomplete has the same extra params set as
the first autocomplete.

I think I'm just screwed up by trying for hours, so maybe someone has
a little hint or even a solution for my?

best olly