This is something that i've been experiencing for a while and due to
difficulties in creating a reliable test case i've refrained from
submitting a bug report. I might start by describing the symptoms and
possibly try again at reproducing this outside of my app if no-one has
any thoughts on it from my description.

What happens is that on all of my dialogs I find that the overlay is
10-20 pixels larger in width and height than browser window.  The
effect of this is for scrollbars to appear.  This is not a show
stopper but it causes issues with my layout underneath the dialog.
Once the dialog is dismissed the scrollbars disappear and everything
is great.

I have a workaround for this.  I noticed that resizing the dialog
manually makes the overlay size fix itself so I tried calling $
("#dialog-container").trigger("resize");  I'm guessing i'm calling it
on the wrong element there because it  didn't work so I tried
triggering a resize on the window instead and it worked... well,
almost.  This causes a 10 (or so) pixel reduction in height of my main
viewport ( I have a fixed height viewport that is sticky to the bottom
of the viewable window - this may be part of the reason for the
problem ??).  I noticed that this fixed itself every second opening of
a dialog so I figured why not trigger resize on window a couple of
times...

$(window).trigger("resize").trigger("resize");

This works and i've been putting it as the last call of all of my
dialog opening, hoping it would be fixed in subsequent releases of
jquery-ui.

This is pretty strange behavior but if anyone has any thoughts i'd be
most grateful.

-rob