Hi there ...

I posted a question yesterday on how to get the active element in an
accordion, using .accordion('option', 'active') returns either the
original value or one that had been previously set using .accordion
('option', 'active', X).  The problem is that setting that option
never seems to do anything, except cause the getter to return
something different.

In playing around w/ this today, I noticed something similar w/ other
options.  For instance, if I change the 'event' option to 'mouseover',
getting the event option will say mouseover, but it won't actually
change the event on the widget.  What might I be doing wrong?  This is
with 1.6rc6 & jquery 1.3.1.

Some quickie code just to show what I'm trying to do:

javascript:
                        $(function(){
                                $("#testAcc").click(function() {
                                    $("#accordion").accordion('option',
'event','mouseover');
                                    alert($("#accordion").accordion('option',
'event'));
                                    return false;
                                });

                                // Accordion
                                $("#accordion").accordion({ header: "h3",
                                                            alwaysOpen:false,
                                                            collapsible:true,
                                                            active:false});

                        });