Im not a pro by any means just playing around but I seem to be getting pretty
random results from Dialog

A bit of background. I have made a page that is a parent page it has the DTD
declarations in it as wells a div that contains the navagation and a div
container that loads the pages depending on what menu items is selected in
the navagation. The main page has the includes for jquery, ui and another
page which has my specific javascript.

One of my pages has field which the users fill in to populate a drop down
menu. I declare the dialogs as below within the page chosen from the
navagation, so it is not in the parent page.

<script type="text/javascript">
        var index = function () {
    var _index;
    return function (ind) {
        if (typeof ind !== "undefined") {
            _index = ind;
        }
        return _index;
    };
}();

function delete_dialog(item)
{
    index(item);
    $('#dialog').dialog('open');

}

$(function () {

    $("#dialog").dialog({
        bgiframe: true,
        autoOpen: false,
        height: 190,
        width: 355,
        modal: true,
        buttons: {
            'Yes, delete this item': function () {
                delete_item(index())
            },
            'No, do not delete this item': function () {
                $(this).dialog('close');
            }

        }
    });
        $("#warning").dialog({
                        bgiframe: true,
                        modal: true,
                        autoOpen: false,
                        buttons: {
                                Ok: function() {
                                        $(this).dialog('close');
                                }
                        }
                });

});

</script>

One of the above dialogs is a delete confirmation the other is just a
general message dialog which I set the text inside from another script.

Basically I target #alert_message with what ever the message is, for example
if someone adds an item it says "Item added".  The add script that is
included on the parent page is as follows.

function add_item(item){
var item_value = "#"+item;
var value = $(item_value).val();
$.post("rpc.php", {
                method: "add_item",
                item:item,
                value:value
                 },
                function(data,textstatus){
                loadContent('#menu','menu.php?new=new');
                if(data.item)
                {
                $(data.item).append(data.data);
                $("#warning").dialog('open');
                $("#alert_message").empty().append(data.message);
                $(item_value).val("");
                }
                else if (data.message)
                {
                $(item_value).val("");
                $("#warning").dialog('open');
                $("#alert_message").empty().append(data.message);
                }

                }, "json");
return false;
}

My problems seem to stem from the form. If I were to add an item from a
field navigate to another page and then go back to this page and click add
item it will add the same item again even though that field is empty.

Some times I can add an item the dialog will pop up but the message is the
default one rather than the appended one.

Everything will work perfectly if I do a refesh before doing anything else.
Do I need to somehow work out a way to destroy the dialogs if a user
navagates away?

I guess Im just after some direction to get the most reliable results from
dialog.

Thx