As long as the servlet class files are not in the JVM's classpath, they
should reload dynamically.

Also, it depends where you're putting the newly compiled classes.  In JRun
3.0 the /servlet/ mapping only works for the default-app, by default.

Please give more details about which version of JRun you're using and what
you application is set up like (where are you putting the servlet classes?).

You mentioned debugging in the subject.  A problem with a debugger may be
that the debugger JVM can't find the servlet classes unless they're in its
classpath, which will prevent them from being dynamically reloaded while
debugging.

Scott Stirling