Each socket that the process opens also counts as a file descriptor.  So any
JCP or Web threads that JRun's using to listen for incoming requests will
also add to the total.

By the way -- Mark _does_ check in on this list regularly, he assured me
today, because he saw my suggestion to send him
suggestions/comments/criticisms.  :->

Scott Stirling
JRun QA
Macromedia