I don't agree that Linux is *far more* stable than Windows 2000.
I believe windows 2000 stability to be far superior than Microsoft
has ever produced before.

We are building huge telecomm systems using EJBs, Servlets and they
are being deployed on windows 2000 just to get the best price/performance
ratio possible.  Nothing against Sun, but they rip you off with their
ultra-expensive low performing quad 450 MHz servers.  Had they spend more
time
concentrating on increasing the performance of their CPUs and servers
instead
of buying politicians in capitol hill, they might have accomplished little
bit
more.  Now all they do is just whine and whine ... against Microsoft :-)

building real-time communication on windows 2000 is just a simple testament
the stability of win 2k and people designing these systems are real-world
engineers
and architects, not some windows/microsoft/billgates bashing Linux fanatics.

Ali

*The opinions expressed are personal and in no way related to the views and
opinions of Nortel Networks