From: lars [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2001 12:02 PM
To: JRun-Talk
Subject: JDBC drivers, JRun custom tags, bugs (was IIS 4 dies, no memory
leak: NT4SP6 + JRun 3.0)

Randy:

Yes, the bug absolutely is driver-dependant -- when I prototyped my database
queries using JRun 3.1, its taglib and a MS SQL Server 7 db (via the driver
in jrun_drivers.jar) I saw nothing of the behaviour related to bug #26844.

Unfortunately 3rd-party driver choices seem to be very limited for the
installation at hand: our customer uses Oracle 7 on an Origin 2000 server;
its OS is IRIX and there is no upgrade path available for this project. The
beauty (from my point of view) of the Oracle thin driver on our JRun server
(NT4 box) is that it communicates fine with the older Oracle version and
required no additional resources be installed on the Origin 2000 server
(which hosts a lot of stuff and has few resources to spare).

I'm intrigued that you accessed Oracle using type 4 drivers and the JRun
custom tags. Could you specify your server OS, which drivers, etc.?

Anyway, we're creeping way off topic here -- I started this new thread if
you'd like to continue discussion of the JRun custom tags and access to
db's.

 -- Lars

Laurence Middleton
code wrangler