Hi,
I am getting the following error while accessing the database.
I have JRun 3.1.15506 app server running on win2000 and NT both, and using
oracle database. Instead of using JRun's connection pool for oracle I am
using my own connection pool. The system works fine most of the times but
all of a sudden it starts giving "Connection reset by peer". I didn't have
this problem when I was using JRun's Oracle thin driver connection pool
before. But for migrating reasons I started using my own connection pool.
Sometimes when I query the database using preparedStatement, it throws the
below exception. I am seeing the same exception both on NT and win2000.
Please tell what might the reason behind.
Thanks

Thu Mar 28 10:13:31 EST 2002
Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket write error
java.sql.SQLException: Io exception: Connection reset by peer: socket write
error
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:114)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:156)
        at oracle.jdbc.dbaccess.DBError.throwSqlException(DBError.java:269)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.<init>(OracleStatement.java:292)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleStatement.<init>(OracleStatement.java:307)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.<init>(OraclePreparedStatement.ja
va:194)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OraclePreparedStatement.<init>(OraclePreparedStatement.ja
va:177)
        at
oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleConnection.prepareStatement(OracleConnection.java:3
39)
        at
com.emc.asi.ejb.pool.ASIConnection.prepareStatement(ASIConnection.java:61)
        at com.emc.asi.ejb.LoginBean.processLogin(LoginBean.java:48)
        at
allaire.ejipt._BeanMethod._invoke(allaire/ejipt/_BeanMethod.java:166)
        at
allaire.ejipt._SessionObject._invoke(allaire/ejipt/_SessionObject.java:182)
        at
allaire.ejipt._CallableObject.call(allaire/ejipt/_CallableObject.java:101)
        at
sun.rmi.server.UnicastServerRef.dispatch(UnicastServerRef.java:241)
        at sun.rmi.transport.Transport.serviceCall(Transport.java:148)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport.handleMessages(TCPTransport.java:465)
        at
sun.rmi.transport.tcp.TCPTransport$ConnectionHandler.run(TCPTransport.java:7
06)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:484)