From: Scotty Michael [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Friday, July 12, 2002 12:45 PM
To: JRun-Talk
Subject: Re: How To Configure JBuilder 6.0 for JRun Server 4.0

John,

I'm still getting the "connection refused" response when clicking on Run and
Debug.

I actually started this process before upgrading from 6 to 7; and it doesn't
appear that there's anything too much different.

I followed the directions to attach that are on the Macromedia site; but at
the end of the page it says -- if something's not right you'll get the
"connection refused"; that's what I continue to get.

I've updated the local.properties to include the additional switches.  I
have JRun admin and the application with the -debug switch running.

I can access the application via my browser (of course it kicks it over to
the maintenance screen since it's in debug mode); but when I click on
Run|Debug in Jbuilder I get the connection refused error.

An initiating servlet request in our application would be...

http://192.168.245.128/servlet/Pacer?action=allPacer&ADID=1172759&RPWD=Micha
el

how does this information get integrated into the JBuilder debug ATTACH
process?

I would think that the hostname field in JBuilder would be the IP Address of
the remote server (192.168.245.128), right?  The name of the remote server
is: End-n10s4cttgs9; but I can't imagine that that is what we want to use
when we're connecting over an IP?

I'm using the default of 53006 as the address settings in Jbuilder.

Here's what I have in the VMParameters

-Dejipt.classServer.host=127.0.0.1 -Dejipt.classServer.port=2323 -Dejipt.hom
ePort=2333 -Djava.security.policy=C:\JRUN\JRUN302\lib\jrun.policy -Dejipt.ho
me=C:\JRUN\JRUN302 -Dejipt.ejbDirectory=c:\JRUN\JRUN302\servers\default -Dpo
intbase.ini=C:\JRUN\JRUN302\pointbase\pointbase.ini

and here's what I have in the application parameters

-start c:\JRUN\JRUN302\servers\default jrun.rootDir=C:\JRUN\JRUN302

The c:\websites\endall\v3.3 folder is on both the client
and remote machines and contains all the files necessary to run our website;
but I don't see anywhere to put that.

The classes are in a folder on the remote server:
c:/websites/endall/v3.3/approot/WEB-INF/classes

I think that those are all of the variables that are involved.

I really appreciate you taking the time to see where I'm missing it.  I have
spent several days trying to do it on my own; and want you to know that I
will not become a nuissance -- it's just that there is something that I'm
missing here.

Thanks,

Scott Michael