Actually, I have a question for y'all:

I am working on something to access IMAP using the JavaMail API. I can
retrieve all the messages from the server, but for some reason, I get a
NullPointerException whenever I call on:

message.getContentType() or message.getContent()  (where message is an
instance of a javax.mail.Message object)

It makes no sense, as I can call on message.getSubject() and other methods,
thus the object exists and should for no reason throw a NPE... I have tried
casting the MEssage object to a Part object (getContent() is inherited into
the Message class from the Part class), I have tried using DataHandler
objects and I'm about at my wits end... (Did I mention this was due last
Friday...?)

I have worked with Macromedia tech support on this, but all we discovered
was that this is an issue with the sun library (the same error is thrown
when executed on Tomcat and BEA WebLogic). Of course, this doesn't change
that I need this functionality.

If you would like to see code, let me know. But I assume that others have
encountered this problem as I have seen posts in miscellaneous places online
(but no good responses, however...)

Thanks.

Drew Falkman
Veraison, LLC