On 23 December 2010 14:54, Yu-Hsuan Lai <rainco...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I think I have totally understood your code, but is this the using
> "new" which "Good Part" try to avoid?
> "An even better coping strategy is to not use new at all."
> In fact, I don't regard your classical implementation bad. This is the
> reason why I'm so confused.

If you want a more comprehensive discussion from Crockford on his various
inheritance patterns, look at his videos listed here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11246/best-resources-to-learn-javascript/1531738#1531738
<http://stackoverflow.com/questions/11246/best-resources-to-learn-javascript/1531738#1531738>They'll
give you a much better idea of the ideas he discusses in the book.
--
Nick Morgan
http://skilldrick.co.uk