On Sun, Jan 2, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Shawn Stringfield <
shawn.stringfi...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm fairly new to JavaScript and found out about JsMentors from
> ajaxian.com
> as a vital resource for discussing and learning JS. Can anyone share some
> good advice on getting started? I have a little experience in ActionScript
> 3
> and have taken a few Java classes toward my CS degree but my background is
> of a designer transitioning into development. My goal is to become a well
> rounded front-end developer and I'd like to move beyond the simple
> slideshow
> animations and rollover effects. Any guidance/wisdom will be much
> appreciated!
>
> --
> To view archived discussions from the original JSMentors Mailman list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jsmentors@jsmentors.com/
>
> To search via a non-Google archive, visit here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jsmentors@googlegroups.com/

Hi Shawn, I am not sure if you have seen the site or not, but Mozilla, in
coordination with the Peer 2 Peer University are running free virtual online
classes where learning is done peer-2-peer style but facilitated
by knowledgeable individuals.  The next session starts on January 26th,
signup for classes start on January 8th.  http://p2pu.org/webcraft is the
link to the web related classes, a class that might help you in particular
is http://p2pu.org/webcraft/javascript-101.  If you are interested, make
sure to sign on the 8th, as interest has been very high on all of the
Javascript related classes.  Good luck!

Shane

http://www.shanetomlinson.com
http://www.aframejs.com - a Javascript MVC library making traditional app