On Fri, Jan 7, 2011 at 2:38 PM, Angus Croll <anguscr...@gmail.com> wrote:

> 1) Property references are deletable but by default variables are not.
>
> window.foo = 42;
> delete foo; //true
> foo; //undefined

Reminder.. this causes an error on IE 6-8 since for IE the window (global)
object isn't considered a "regular" object - the way to "delete" the
property is setting it's value to `null`.. - I'm not sure but I remind
seeing something similar happening on Opera 9 (maybe not an error but simply
not deleting the property..) can't remember if on Opera it's true or not or
if I'm just too tired right now... (4am)