On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 21:16, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On 1/14/11, Andraž Kos <andraz....@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Fri, Jan 14, 2011 at 02:59, Garrett Smith <dhtmlkitc...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> I would remove that comment and rename that from "args" to something
> >> like "options".
> >>

> > term came from C language and we all know where args are born: command
> line.
> >
> When I see "args" in javascript, to me, that sounds more like an
> arguments object or maybe an array. I prefer "options" or "config". To
> me, those sound like an object with optional properties used for set
> up and configuration.
> --

There is a simpler common sense reason to always use an Object for all
params:

Why do I have to look 3 times an hour into some nazi API while debugging to
figure out why to specify terms exactly like this: runbad(bar,foo) if there
is no common sense reason to keep the order the same way some unimportant
wannabe "god" said 5 years ago? PHP is evil in this sense, do we have to
drag same bad practice around in the next generation?

runme(args) can be called:

runme({'x':bar,'y':foo});

or

runme({'y':foo,'x':bar});

or

var setup = {'y':foo,'x':bar};
runme(setup);

or

var setup = {};
setup.x = bar;
setup.y = foo;
runme(setup);

and it's self documenting because it's obvious from the code.

If I have to use some library that doesn't enable me to switch params around
I'll write my wrapper for the bad API:

var runme = function(args) {
   if(args) {
      if(args.x && args.y) {