On Thu, Jan 27, 2011 at 16:14, Jacob Beard <jbea...@cs.mcgill.ca> wrote:

> Unfortunately, because JavaScript is a dynamically typed language, building
> an IDE with proper autocomplete support is much more challenging than with a
> statically typed language like Java.

Firebug 1.6 has a great autocompletion in the console line, even if it's not
working with function calls (autocomplete works pretty well with something
like my.nested.objects but not with something like
my.get('nested').get('objects')).

I think that to have a good dynamic autocomplete, a real web (?) environment
is required. Maybe an editing plugin for firefox, allowing to save the
changes done in the page to the proper files...