I see a lot of value in Netbeans. I mostly use Vim, but I have used Netbeans before for js development, and there were several occasions where its code intelligence features spotted small bugs that I missed. Its integration with VCS is also useful. Finally, there's a free plugin which provides Vim emulation, and it's one of the best I've used: http://jvi.sourceforge.net/

Jake