On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:04 PM, Dmitry Pashkevich <dip...@mail.ru> wrote:

> I am not very savvy in using exceptions... Are there any pitfalls with
> their use in such case?

There's a small performance hit (which may vary across engines). And
possibly some odd collisions with the exception variable (in catch),
although that'll hardly be a problem.

If you use getters or setters you might be surpressing other errors, but I'm
assuming they're not used in this. For just simplifying assignments as
demonstrated, I believe try/catch is pretty solid.

- peter