On Tue, Feb 15, 2011 at 3:41 PM, Asen Bozhilov <asen.bozhi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Scott Sauyet:
>
>> Not at all.  Have you done any performance tests?
>
> I haven't yet. I am planning to test against built-in JSON.parse and
> various Crockford's implementation.
>
> I have made front-end for this code:
> <URL:http://asenbozhilov.com/json.html>
>
> You can use it as a validator of your JSON strings.
>
> I am glad you like it ;)
>
> --
> To view archived discussions from the original JSMentors Mailman list:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jsmentors@jsmentors.com/
>
> To search via a non-Google archive, visit here:
> http://www.mail-archive.com/jsmentors@googlegroups.com/

That's great Asen. It is in my bookmarks.

I have one question, without having gone through reading the specs.

Would it be useful, and still spec compliant, to detect an "Invalid
leading comma" too as an error instead of a "Invalid property name" ?

You already detect the "Invalid trailing comma" and the passed objects
could be generated dynamically, it would just improve the explicit
error in the eyes of the developer and pointing them to a less
deviating reason.

This is just something that came up by trying to make your parser fail :)

It is invaluable to have an independent JSON parser to test various
browsers implementations and at the same time test our own stuff.

Thank you !

--
Diego