> But also if the value is hard coded in, what if the value is changed?

Right, I haven't thought about it... Keeping myElement.disabled
property in sync with the current DOM state would probably require
additional event listener.

So in this case I would be better off by just using function or method
as you suggested.

Nonetheless, I think that assigning properties instead of methods
could make sense in some cases. For example it would be nice to have
Element.prototype.isSVG property that would be set to true if we are
dealing with SVG-specific element.