Function call — which `foo()` an `nsui()` are — has little to do with
`Function.prototype.call`. Function call (such as `foo()`) delegates to
internal [[Call]] method of whatever object you're invoking. In case of
`foo()` it's [[Call]] of `foo` function object. Unless the implementation
you're working with allows you to tap into this internal [[Call]] method
(and intersect it) overwriting `Function.prototype.call/apply` certainly
won't help here.

I don't think I've seen any implementations that expose [[Call]] to
user-level code.

--
kangax