I don't use it, I tend to just litter my code with console.log. This has
however bitten me several times. Especially with IE. As Andrew says write your
own wrapper if you want.

Or add
var console;
if (!console) console = {log: function() {}}

making console.log a no op on systems that don't have it.

--
Rob Griffiths
http://bytespider.eu