On 2011-05-18, at 4:43 AM, Clothears wrote:
> On May 17, 11:14 pm, Poetro <poe...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> What HTTP headers does your server side script sends to the client?
>> Does it send the right Content-type header along with a charset?
>
> At present, none, as this is an ajax response rather than a web page.
> Can I  or should I be sending headers as part of an ajax response?
> I've not seen this mentioned anywhere.

It doesn't matter if you request it with Ajax or not, you're still sending the
response over HTTP and thus need correct HTTP headers.

You said the value is displayed correctly in one case, when fetched via one PHP
script; and incorrectly in another, when fetched with a different PHP script.
That seems like a good place to start: what are the code differences in the two
different PHP scripts, and what are the code differences in the two different
client-side scripts?

--
Laurie Harper
http://laurie.holoweb.net/