On Jun 21, 4:26 am, Sidney San Martín <s...@sidneysm.com> wrote:
> To an extent, I agree… but how would you write a function like jQuery.ajax,
> which takes upwards of 30 optional parameters, in a more JavaScripty way?

Provide your own constructor:

  function Ajax(...) {
  }

  var req = new Ajax(...);
  req.accepts = ...;
  req.cache = ...;

or, if you have an "extend" function to copy properties:

  var req = new Ajax(...);
  extend(req, {
    accepts: ...,
    cache: ...,
  };

but supplying an object up front is more straight forward.

The reason jQuery has to deal with 30+ parameters is that it tries to
be all things to all developers. If you are writing a function for a
specific purpose (as most script is), then you can roll your own AJAX
request with only the formal parameters you require.

--
Rob