OK,
in Safari it seems stylesheet are loaded asynchronously.

I have not tested this lately in 5.0.5 but in previous releases it has
been that way.

For the above reason an "onload" event, of an almost empty page, may
actually fire before stylesheets are loaded.

You need to rely on a notification about when the stylesheet has been
loaded/applied before attempting a read of meaningful values from the
computed style properties.

Diego