I'm building desktop text editor that consists from two components:
- UI, which is responsible for rendering menus, toolbars, cursor and textarea
- parser which contains heavy processing logic

I don't want the UI to freeze each time when the data is processed by
the parser, so I
was thinking about two solutions:
- move the parser code to shared Web Worker
- move the parser code to NodeJS server and communicate with it via WebSockets

I don't really like the Web Workers approach - I'm unable to get any
debugging tools to work with it, there are many unexpected crashes and
I can't use my module manager to handle dependencies.

Are there any disadvantages of the second approach? Most importantly,
could NodeJS+WebSockets be in any way slower than Web Workers?