I tried the following variant:

Object.defineProperty(window, "bar", { value: "a", writable: false });
bar = "b";
alert("bar=" + bar);

In all browsers I get an an alert with "a"!!

With "use strict", I get an error (bar is read-only) in FF and Chrome
(makes me feel better about JS) but I still get the alert with "a" in
IE 9.

So, yes, IE 9 does not implement strict mode.

Bruno