From: jsmentors@googlegroups.com [mailto:jsmentors@googlegroups.com] On Behalf
Of Mark McDonnell
Sent: Tuesday, January 10, 2012 11:17 AM
To: jsmentors@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JSMentors] Finding which group of words have been rendered on a
separate line

Hi,

Does any one know how to check when a single line of text has been rendered on
two lines?

An example can be seen here: http://jsfiddle.net/HSAj3/

Notice the text is just one line "My very seriously long sentence here" but
when rendered the words break at "sentence here" and so they are placed on a
separate line.

I need to try and wrap each hypothetical 'line' in a span and thought I would
do this with a regular expression but it wasn't that easy because although
checking for a \r\n is easy, there is no line-break in the text, it's just
*rendered* that way.

I've seen suggestions already for wrapping first word of sentence in a span and
checking its height but that only tell me whether a single sentence was forced
(due to width constraints) onto one line and not which word(s) are on the
second line.

Any ideas appreciated.

Kind regards,
Mark