The dexios templates that I referenced, do not "compile" the template in the
sense that JSP compiles a template. "parse" would be a better word. AND it only
parses it ONCE.... The dexios method provides for true code/html seperation (an
html person could only manipulate html macro tags), and I think is much more
intuitive --although not nearly as sophisticated as JSP.

My purpose for mentioning it was not to say it was overall better than JSP (not
nearly). But rather, that it provides a simple, and fast means of seperating
html from servlet code that works VERY well, -- with minimal overhead.........I
am just trying to get a grasp on JSP benifits+performance....I have learned that
the JSP beans do provide significant functionality....if only someone could
point me in the direction of an example of a Model 2 JDBC servlet/JSP bean
page!!!!!

Keith