Greetings,

How to make a connection to a database reusable?  I do not want a bean
to load the driver for each session.  It would be great if I could have
a ConnectionServlet that I could pass a request from a bean let's say.
Or would it be easier to call servlet from JSP?  How can this be done?

Basically what's needed is a search box to enter criteria and then two
pages: one with list of results and other with detailed view of a
result.

This also brings another question.  Does clicking on a link in a jsp
page transfer the request information with it to the next jsp page for
use in a bean?  Or is it only transferred by the use of form?

Any help is greatly appreciated.
(I apologize if these are duh questions.)

dvae.

--
David Mossakowski        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
http://www.dwdog.com/styk      212.310.7275

"I don't sit idly by, I'm planning a big surprise"
F         U         G         A        Z        I