Greetings!

We are proud to announce the release of version 0.9.3a of

       The WebApp Framework
       http://www.webapp.de/

and version 0.8 of StoreBuilder - a development tool for
our persistence layer.

       http://www.webapp.de/storebuilder.html

The framework provides a solid foundation for building webbased
applications with java servlet technology.
It is fully described in the recently published German book
"Java Server und Servlets" (Addison-Wesley, ISBN 3-8273-1408-9)
by Peter Rossbach and Hendrik Schreiber.

Right now it consists of five major parts:

o Persistence
 a persistence layer for
 object-relational-mapping

o jo!
 a webserver written entirely in java featuring
 Servlet API 2.1.1

o SMI (ServletMethodInvocation)
 a framework built on top of Servlet API 2.0
 for better and faster application building

o ConfigManager
 a package that makes building highly
 configurable applications easy

o ServerKit
 a package for rapid development of high performance
 multithreaded servers

The WebApp Framework 0.9.3a has been tested on:

o Win NT 4.0 with Java 2, Solid 2.2.
o Linux 2.0.36 with JDK 1.1.7v1a (with and without TYA 1.1v4), Solid
2.2.
o Solaris 2.5 with JDK 1.1.6, Solid 2.2.

You may optionally download the complete source code of this
release from our website:

  http://www.webapp.de/

Of course we are curious about what you think about The WebApp
Framework. Also we would like to know what other platforms it
runs on. Please don't hesitate to send us your comments and
questions to <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>.

Regards,

Peter Rossbach <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
and