Kenneth Borinsky wrote:

> I am sure that a lot of JSP developers are/were asking this question:
> How can I effectively debug JSP files at run time?
> Are there any practical tools available to debug JSP/Servlet execution
> at runtime?  Has anyone tried to debug them within some Java IDE, like
> JBuilder?  If so, please share your knowledge.

I have tried to debug the beans while running under JBuilder and I can give you
the steps if you like. It is a little tragic because the JSP reference servlet
engine is so irritating. If I could just tell it - go and look at THAT
directory for everything, or if I knew how to change directory under Java (I
must be stupid as I can't find a chdir, I can find a mkdir, but no chdir) then
I'd be fine. Alas, that is not to be <sigh>.

Anyway, I have it working so I can always make a PDF of it if you like (then I
can include pretty pictures 'n stuff).
--
Richard Vowles, Senior Systems Engineer,
Inprise New Zealand, MAIL: [EMAIL PROTECTED], [EMAIL PROTECTED]