my understanding of this problem (which went into the fix that will
be rolled out shortly) is that this problem is a jdk1.1.x/windows issue
vs a jdk1.1.x/any platform issue. further, it is the jsdk's use of some
jdk 1.1.x methods (namely File.getName() and File.getAbsolutePath())
which was the issue at hand.

hope this helps,

- james