Steve,

We've had to deal with this problem and we do so by maintaining what we call
"user session" objects.  We pass a user session id around to identify the
user session.  The requirement was based on the fact that a single user
might open multiple windows of the same browser to access the same web app
multiple times, and, yes, without this extra layer confusion could ensue.

Dan
--
Daniel Kirkdorffer
NACN IS: 425-580-6225