From: Alik [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Wednesday, June 23, 1999 12:00
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Dynamically generating JSP

Hi.

I am toying with JSP here, and I came up with the following problem.

Is it possible to get JSP pages from somewhere other than a file? I.e. can
I,
for example, store them in a database and retrieve on demand?

Now the obvious solution, of chaining a servlet in front of the JSP page and
using this servlet to retrieve the page, save it to disk, and then calling
JSP wouldn't really work. For one thing, it would force a re-compilation of
the JSP page on every hit. (Yes, I can get into the business of managing an
on-disk cache from the database, yada-yada-yada...)
But is there a way to re-define "code load" handler in JSP? I looked through
GnuJSP implementation (the only one I have source for) and it does not
appear
so...

Any thoughts?

    _/_/_/_/  _/        _/  _/  _/  http://Orbit.Stanford.EDU/~alik
  _/_/_/_/  _/        _/  _/_/      ftp://Orbit.Stanford.EDU/people/alik/
_/    _/  _/_/_/_/  _/  _/  _/      mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]