The best way to start learning JSP is to download the Reference
Implementation from SUN Microsystems at
http://developer.java.sun.com/developer/earlyAccess/jsp/index.html.

It is free. You need to register in JAVA DEVELOPER CONNECTION for
downloading.

You need to download Java 1.1.8 or 1.2 development kit also.

If you install JDK 1.1.8 in C:\jdk1.1.8 and JSP Reference Implementation in
C:\jswdk-1.0-ea then add following lines in C:\jswdk-1.0-ea\startserver.bat
on top after "@echo off" statement.

set CLASSPATH=C:\jdk1.1.8\lib\classes.zip
set JAVA_HOME=C:\jdk1.1.8
set PATH=%PATH%;C:\jdk1.1.8\bin

If you are already running any webserver on your PC at port 8080 then modify
C:\jswdk-1.0-ea\default.cfg to start on server on different port.

click startserver.bat file to run the server.

Go to browser and execute following to see SUN examples for using JSP. You
can view source code also.

http://yourmachine:port/

For example, on my PC (name: rampally) I use.

http://rampally:8082

I set 8082 as port (in default.cfg) to run Reference Implementation's
Webserver.

Good luck.

- Srini