Here here! (Or is that hear hear - I've never really seen it spelled). I mean,
I wouldn't believe a JSP-ASP comparison published by MS, and Sun isn't really
any more honest. Check out this doozy from the 1.0 specification . . .

"The JavaServer Pages technology is entirely platform independent, both in its
dynamic Web pages, its Web servers, and its underlying server components. You
can author JSP pages on any platform, run them on any Web server or Web
enabled application server, and access them from any Web browser. You can also
build the server components on any platform and run them on any server."

Oh cool - so I guess JSP will run on my Amiga, and my old Win 3.1 machine and
my Atari 800 - and my Mac Classic with WebStar too!! Good Lord. How about
toning it down to "JSP will run on any platform and web server that supports
it". Oh wait. You can say that about anything.

And that piece of fluff was FROM THE SPEC!!! C'mon Sun, you can do better than
that.

 - Chris