http://java.about.com/library/weekly/aa062399.htm includes a description of
creating a first JSP program with the tools you mention.

Thanks for your message at 02:23 PM 7/9/99 -0500, C Kruppa:
>Working on my first JSP.  It is just a simple HTML form and corresonding
>JSP.  I'm using JSWDK1.0 and jdk1.2.1.  JSWDK runs all of the sample JSP's
>and servlets, but it doesn't recognize any of the JSP tags in my page.  It
>just takes everything that's not inside a JSP tag and treats it like
>HTML.  I'm sure I have something set up wrong because all of the samples
>run correctly.  Finally, I just copied the text of the "Snoop" example's
>JSP into a new file, renamed it, and tried to run it.  I got the same
>result: ignores all JSP tags and prints everything else.  Can anybody give
>me a clue??
>
>Clueless,
>Carrie Beth

John Zukowski    Focus on Java Guide / http://java.about.com
   Author Java AWT Reference / Mastering Java 2 / ...
   jGuru Java Training by the MageLang Institute
   http://www.magelang.com | [EMAIL PROTECTED] - Got Java?