Kevin,

I'm not sure to get exactly your question, but if you're looking for a SQL
database, that seems to be an European speciality :-)
you may want to have a look at :

InstantDB (www.instantdb.co.uk):
A very nice "real" RDBMS 100% java free for non commercial uses

HyperSonicSQL (http://www.lynx.ch/Contacts/~/ThomasM/hypersql.html)
A more simple RDBMS

Ozone (http://www.softwarebuero.de/ozone-eng.html)
An Open Source, 100% Java object-oriented database with multi-user support,
access rights administration, transactions, deadlock recognition and
distribution of objects over multiple databases Note: Ozone doesn't use
JDBC, the calls are coded directly as Java methods

SimpleText (http://www.thoughtinc.com/simpletext.html)
 From the web site : "THOUGHT Inc. has provided a JDBC based flat file
database called SimpleText available in Java bytecode and Java source code
form. Its level of complexity is comparable to the Text ODBC driver
included with Windows. It's based off earlier work from Karl Moss and
provides mostly standard SQL functionality."

Hope this helps

Le 20:53 07/07/99 -0700, Kevin Burton a écrit:
>I am working on a project that needs a Data Store.  It needs to have a
>thin SQL backend.  Similar to using MS Access MDB file under NT.
>
>Any ideas?

| Luc Saint-Elie                                 |
| Development and marketing manager              |
| Pictoris - Paris - France                      |
| http://www.pictoris.com                        |
| email : [EMAIL PROTECTED]                    |