Hi Elena,

If I haven't misunderstood you, you are mixing two concepts. JSP is
server side programming, and that means that what the user gets is the
html code generated by your JSP page; from the user perspective, a JSP
page is like any other html page. The only difference lies in the fact
that the content can be dynamically modified but in the server. If what
you are trying to do, is displaying a Java Bean in the html page so the
user can interact with it, you are trying to do client side programming
and applets or something similar is the way to go. The only way JSP can
hel you in that regard would be the case when you modify the values of
the parameters of the applet, or even the class of the applet that you
want to be displayed in the html page, by modifying the applet tag that
it's written in the html code.

So:
.- JSP -> Server side programming; The GUI is html generated by the JSP
page and that can include an applet tag that calls an applet, that is
independent of the JSP. The JSP page is executed in a JVM in the server,
the applet is executed in the JVM specified by your browser, in the
client.
.- JavaBean component that can interact with the user -> Client side
programming; The GUI can be created by an application or an applet, in
the later case, the only direct relationship between the client and the
server are the parameters in the applet tag that the server writes in
the html page that calls the applet. You can connect it afterwards to
the server with sockets, CORBA, RMI, ObjectSpace Voyager or whatever you
like, but that's another story, and quite long indeed ;).
I hope this helps,
Dan
Daniel Lopez Janariz ([EMAIL PROTECTED])
Web Services
Computer Center
Balearic Islands University