>should I be using the 'standard' JSP elements or should I be using
>the XML equivilents

Use the standard elements. JSP 1.0 implementations aren't required to
support the XML equivalents. And don't mix the two styles. No
implementation is required to support that.

Truth is, the XML mapping is experimental and might change before it is
fully rolled out.

Bob Foster
Symantec Internet Tools  http://www.visualcafe.com/