Could someone please help me with a simple scriplet.  I am a beginner with
JavaServer Pages, though I have done similar tasks in CGI. I am building a survey
and I am having two problems, which are closely related; perhaps someone has
already some code written or has some ideas how to complete these tasks:

There are several <input...> tags on one JSP, from which another JSP takes the
String values and then enters them to a DB.  Now, I have to make sure that before
the SQL statement is executed, the code will check whether two or more fields are
equal.  If not the user will be return to the previous JSP (once I have found out
how to do this, I can obviously check for empty fields as well; in case some
fields are required to be filled in).

Thanks, Oliver
begin:vcard
n:Kaljuvee;Oliver
tel;cell:(917)5144940
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:Stanford University;Computer Science
version:2.1
email;internet:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
title:Student
adr;quoted-printable:;;P.0. Box 3227=0D=0A;Stanford;CA;94309;USA
fn:Oliver Kaljuvee
end:vcard