Title: asp vs. jsp (not benchmarks)

ASP apparently has problems storing objects in session.  You can do it, but apparently it ties your session down to a single thread for some reason.  Not sure entirely why this is the case (tho I'm sure someone explained it to me at some point), but I was wondering if JSP has a similar problem?  I would think this would be implementation dependent, but I'm not conversant enough with either architecture to have any confidence in my own assumptions. :)  Can anyone give insight here?

Also, has anyone used the BEA Weblogic Cluster (in the June issue of JDJ)?  Does it perform well?  Does it handle clustering over a web farm fairly transparently?  I'm running NT for now (and possibly Linux in the future).  That choice of platform implies multiple servers for scaling, but if I can't manage clustering the whole thing breaks down.

TIA

Mike

Michael McElligott
DevTeam - StreetFusion(tm)