I have installed the last version of jsp 1.0 reference implementation
from sun (jswdk-1.0-ea) and I'm experimenting some problems with the
import attribute in the page directive (I'm using jdk1.2.2) . It seems
the import attribute is not interpreted during the compilation of the
jsp page.

for example, the following very simple jsp page :

<%@ page langage="java" import="java.util.*" %>
<head>
<title>TEST FOR IMPORT</title>
</head>
<% String v = new String();
   Vector v = new Vector();
%>
TEST

when i try to download it from my navigator the following compilation
failure occurs :

JspEngine -->
G:\Philippe\JAVA\jsp\jswdk-1.0-ea\examples\jsp\arom\test.jspwork\%3A8080%2Fexamples\test_jsp_1.java:47:

Class
G_0003a.Philippe.JAVA.jsp.jswdk_0002d_00031_0005f_00030_0002dea.examples.jsp.arom.Vector
not found.
                   Vector v = new Vector();

if I look to the java program generated there no trace of the import
clause.

I know a way to fix this problem : using fully qualified names

<%@ page langage="java" import="java.util.*" %>
<head>
<title>TEST FOR IMPORT</title>
</head>
<% String v = new String();
   java.util.Vector v = new java.util.Vector();
%>
TEST

it works... but it's not very convenient and the import attribute was
working with the previous version of jsp1.0.

did I miss something, is there a way to fix this ?

thanks.

Philippe

Philippe Genoud                    e-mail : [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Universite Joseph Fourier          IMAG - GRAVIR
Projet SHERPA                      Tel : (33) 04 76 61 52 73
INRIA Rhones-Alpes                 Fax : (33) 04 76 61 52 07
655 Avenue de l'Europe             38330 Monbonnot - FRANCE