"Smith, John H" wrote:

> Probably an easy question, but I have not found the answer:
>
> I can not see how the GNUJSP servlet knows which .JSP file to
> use/compile/load/run. I know you map .JSP files to the GNUJSP servlet, but
> how is the filename passed to the GNUJSP servlet, or how does the GNUJSP
> know which .JSP file to use?

Well, you could look at the source and find out :-)

Basically, when a servlet engine matches by extension, it passes the string
that matched as the value of getServletPath(), so the JSP engine can tell what
file to read.  Some older servlet engines might have passed this in
getPathInfo() instead, so I would not be surprised if the GNUJSP source code
tried to deal with both.

Craig McClanahan