On Mon, 30 Aug 1999, Anup wrote:

> Sorry for mailing an offtopic JDBC-Servlet problem.
> When connecting with an Oracle 8 database which is the best JDBC driver
> to use. I tried using the 'THIN Oracle' driver provided by Oracle
> itself, but the servlet is not working. But the same program is working
> with the same driver in an application program: (or in other words
> System.out.print)

you don't provide enough information to make an accurate diagnosis, but
there are a few things to double check:

  1) Is the JDBC driver in your system classpath?  if not, add the
     directory the JDBC driver is in using:

  wrapper.classpath=/path/to/driver

  2) Are you setting your ORACLE_HOME and ORACLE_SID environment
     variables in jserv.properties?  if not, add something like this:

  wrapper.env=ORACLE_HOME=/opt/oracle
  wrapper.env=ORACLE_SID=ORA1

-- James