This probably ultimately concerns servlets, but it applies to the session
scope of JSP pages as well.

I've heard from several sources now, who have not gone into details, that
relying on the builtin Session object will get you into trouble when your
high-volume web application begins getting pounded.  Specifically, the
problems referred to had to do with load balancing (presumably there would
be a problem matching outgoing responses with their incoming requests).

Can anyone comment on these problems in general?  Should I assume that I
will have to write my own centralized session management so that I can bring
up more than one JSP engine at a time?

Cheers,
Laird