-----Original Message-----
From: Sunil Dua [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]]
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 1999 4:02 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: How do i run JSP?

Hello there

I am learning JSP.
I wrote(in fact copied)  a small jsp script which is as follows:

I think in the beginning you have to import the class:
   <%@ import="java.util.Date"%>

1. <%@ page language="java" %>
2. <HTML>
3. <BODY>
4. My first jsp<BR>
5. <% int i=5; %>
6. <%= i%><BR>
7. <%= {new java.util.Date()}.toLocaleString(); %>

in the line 7, you should use the () instead of {}.

8. </BODY>
9. </HTML>

I saved the file and when i run the file without line no 7 it run
successfully otherwise show error. Pls. help me out.

Regards
Sunil Dua
Note : I have java server development kit ver 1.0 eval version running
fine with my servlets.