I use the chaining mechanism (jsp:forward or
RequestDispatcher.forward()) to handle all my HTTP requests.
The requests itself are POSTed originally to a JSP. This then forwards
to a servlet, normally forwarding it again to a JSP.

But, from time to time, I can only redirect the client to a general HTML
page. When I tried this (from within a servlet) I get (once again)
different results using different JSP Engines:

- JWSDK v1.0:
        Error: 400

        HTTP method POST is not supported by this URL

- JRun 2.3.3 (build 154):
        HTTP/1.1 200 OK Server: JRun Web Server/2.3 Date: ma, 27 sep 1999
15:14:47 GMT+00:00 Content-Length: 2116 Connection: Keep-alive
GMT+00:00
        + <part of the page I wanted to show>

Should I solve this problem myself or is this something that should be
specified in some future specification of JSP or Servlets ?

For fixing it myself, I tought of determining the suffix of the URLPATH
of the RequestDispather object, sadly this one hasn't a method to access
the URLPATH...

Frederik Haesbrouck