Yes I had the same problem. To go around this specific one, since my store
procedure takes some time to execute, I create a "fresh" connection for it only and
close on the return. Also, on my case the user doesn't need to know the result, so
I out.close() before I call the store procedure.

I think it is not caused by the "dbconnection", but the jdbc driver. (i am guessing
you are using  oracle ?). For the oracle jdbc (in particular), it is very important
to close resultset and statement (on this case CallableStatement). My guess is that
on some cases, the store procedure is openning something and not closing properly.
I also  found out that the first  store procedure call works fine, but any other
call using the same connection won't work.....

Rodrigo